There are a majority of ways in which HR can help your business develop and grow, so we highlighted 7 of the top reasons, why you its critical to use HR professionals in periods of growth.
- Plan for Growth – ‘Fail to plan, plan to fail’… well this is very important when it comes to a business growth strategy. HR help you recruit the right high level staff at the right time.
- Hire the right Staff – This is a follow on from point one, but it is no good to anyone if the candidate you bring in to the company doesn’t fit with the company.
- Internal Development – A good HR team will always be developing the employees you already have. This not only helps with the profit and loss (with the cost of recruitment) but it greatly improves Employee Morale, efficiency and staff retention.
- Help to build the company culture and ethos – The culture and Ethos within a company can essentially make or break a company. We have all witnessed it before, but 1 or 2 poor recruitment decisions can heavily impact the culture within the company.
- Improve employee retention figures – In times of growth we often see a negative change in Retention figures where there is not a strong HR presence. The impact of HR can massively change the retention rate and in some cases, help to cut out the issue all together.
- Diversification – HR will look at all backgrounds, hiring positive and enthusiastic candidates on MERIT. This often creates great cultures within an organisation that has positive impacts with their customer base.
- Feedback – A good HR team will always be willing to invite feedback that can be given confidentially. This has wider impacts on employees, helping with motivation and retention.
By actively planning for growth and bringing in a good HR consultancy, you greatly improve your company’s chances of success during this period. On top of this, this process is time consuming and can be stressful. If your team is already running at capacity, the added pressure and targets to grow the business can severely hinder efficiency.